Monday, January 10, 2011

Happy New Year

So far it has been a happy new year in our household. Our focus has been on de-cluttering and purging things we don't need. I mailed 10 books out to members of paperback swap. I love knowing that books I no longer need or want are going to a good home, and I get credit for "new to me" books that I can redeem at anytime I want a new book. Don't even get me started on the pile of stuff for Goodwill. I already made one trip and I have to plan another one very soon. For someone who is a hoarder such as myself it has been hard work to get rid of stuff but I am making room for the things that are important to me. For too long I have had a feeling of "CHAOS", you know the cant have anyone over syndrome. My goal for the week is to finally have dinner as a family at the dinning room table.

ONE LITTLE WORD:
I have decided to follow Ali Edwards in her one little word project this year. I needed some focus in my life. I had a roller coaster year in 2010 and I found that focusing on one specific thing at a time helped me get from one day to the next. So I guess you are wondering what my word is...
SIMPLE
I need to keep things simple in my life. I came up with this word while sitting on the couch. A commercial came on and I heard the quote "live simply so that others may simply live." It was such a touching thought and as I pondered it, it warped in to "live simply so that you may simply live." Depression and physical weakness have been the most recent plague in my life and there for I need to get back to basics. I need to take care of myself. It's that simple...

No comments:

Post a Comment