Sunday, February 6, 2011

Counterfeit Kit Challenge

Last month I found an awesome blog called the Counterfeit Kit Challenge. I had so much fun last month putting my kit together and playing with it that I decided to play again this month. February's inspiration kit is from the Scraps of Darkness February 2011 Kit Club kit. I wasn't totally digging the colors but I was into the elegant, romantic style so I looked through my paper and I came up with this...

Next came the embellishments for the kit...

Lastly I pulled some inks to use while I create...

I cant wait to share what I create this month and I hope to have time to post what I did last month too!

15 comments:

  1. WOW! Awesome take on this kit. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering when I would get to see your kit...I LOVE it...ALOT!!! I am glad you used the "inspiration" to choose colors that worked better for you. I can't wait to see what you create.
    *meridy*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! You really got the feel of it!

    Bethany
    Counterfeit Kit Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job. Yours looks sort of like Bethany, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors of your kit-makes me think of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kit looks wonderful. I can't wait to see your layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty! I'm looking forward to seeing your layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this colourway - mine will be non-red/black too :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your take on the kit. Can't wait to see some projects.
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  10. I added green to mine too :) So of course this is a big favourite of mine! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the pretty blues and greens! Great interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your color combo...it's so pretty. Looking forward to your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I struggled with the colors, too, so I tweaked mine as well. Your colors are beautiful! I can't wait to see what you make, Melissa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally love how you took the theme of the kit, but used your own colors. Your kit is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete