Wednesday, August 11, 2010

New creations and some pictures

Hi to all my readers! Although I have a suspicion that many of you have given up on me. I don't blame you I had neglected the blog for a while. But I am here to update you all on some of the things I have been doing. First, I have been checking out the cool site Cartwheels In My Mind and I was featured on there reader submission post here. My quilt is the second image. I was then inspired by Amy's Free For All post. Amy made this cool memory jar and I just had to do it too.
I got the jar at Pier 1 for $10. The bling swirls were a pack from Michaels Recollections line that I cut up to fit on the jar. The ribbon is from a pack I got at Targets dollar section in July. I made the flower out of old tissue paper and glimmer mist. I then added the bling to the middle that I got in a 100 pack from the dollar store and used glitter glue to keep it in place. It was fun, quick and easy to make.
This has been a great summer for pictures of Jessica. We have done so much and traveled so much that I was bound to get some good pictures :) Here are a few of my favorites...



Thanks for hanging in there I have more in store for you soon.

1 comment:

  1. I could never forget about you girl!!!! Your blog went to private and I couldn't get in. I am so glad that you are back now :) That jar is such a cool project!!! Your flower is gorgeous!
    I can't believe how much Jessica has grown up!!! She is absolutely beautiful!!!!

    Your quilt is STUNNING!!!! The colors..the design...it is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete